Timber Garage Door Treatment
To maintain the appearance and safety of your garage door, regularly clean, treat (timber doors) and inspect the door and the area in which the door operates.
Steel and Aluminum doors
Wash the door exterior annually. Dilute household detergent in five litres of warm water and wash the door with a sponge or cloth. Rinse door thoroughly. NEVER use Bleach.
Periodically clean the garage door with a damp cloth and treat all timber garage doors to preserve the life and the natural beauty of your door.
- Treat your door with a good oil product.
- Doors should be treated 2 weeks after installation, again every three months for the first year and thereafter treat door annually.
- In South Africa, it is recommended to treat your door twice annually.
- Ensure you use oil which can offer you a penetrating sealer that protects, stabilizes and nourishes the wood. The oil should contain insecticide and fungicide to protect the timber against wood-borer and fungi.
DO NOT VARNISH YOUR GARAGE DOOR!
Ensure you use an oil which can offer you the following for your garage door:
- Penetrating sealer that protects.
- Stabilizes and nourishes the wood.
- Should contain insecticide and fungicide to protect the timber against wood-borer and fungi.
PENETRATING WATER REPELLENT, HIGH SHEEN WOOD FINISH FOR EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR USE
Brush, roller brush or spray methods. Mix contents before use. Apply a liberal first coat and allow to dry for at least 4 to 6 hours. Sand lightly, apply a second coat and spread evenly. Allow to dry for 24 hours before applying a final coat. Wipe off all excess sealer after each application.